Branding Case Study
THIS CONCEPT PULLED
ITSELF OUT OF THE SKY.
Cotton is the most intensively managed crop grown in the United States— in 1992, an acre of cotton generated $490, but cost $372 to produce, for a net income of $118 an acre. On the other hand, an acre of soybeans in 1992 generated $307 and cost $260 to produce, for a net income of $47 an acre.
Clearly, cotton offered the greatest income potential, but the greatest risk/exposure. Insects, especially boll weevils, can be devastating to a cotton crop, so growers tend to over-spray insecticide just to be safe. On a 1,000 acres of cotton, a grower could easily need at least 11-12 applications, maybe 12-13 to be safe in a heavy insect season, of a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide over the course of a season, at a cost of $8,000-10,000 (or $8 - $10 acre) an application. Little wonder that every time a grower sees an application plane in the air, he feels a pain in the wallet, regardless of whether that plane is flying for him.
The unique chemical structure of DuPont ASANA Insecticide, unlike any other synthetic pyrethroid on the market, resists breakdown due to the Sun's UV rays, and the unique formulation with cottonseed oil, enables it to last longer on the cotton plant leaves and bolls (even if a thunderstorm passes through right after application— a common occurance that would wash competing products away). All of which enables ASANA to last 1-2 days longer, stretching the gap between sprays, potentially saving one or two applications a season.
Bottom line, ASANA was a game-changer, offering the opportunity for the cotton grower to boost income per acre by 7-17%, or $8 - $20 per acre. And what better way to communicate the benefit than showing what growers want to see... the one thing that doesn’t cost them money... planes on the ground.
- American Dairy Association Eat Breakfast Campaign
- Chrysalis Vineyards Branding/Direct Campaign
- DuPont CANOPY Herbicide Branding Campaign
- DuPont CLASSIC Herbicide Campaign
- DuPont VYDATE Insecticide Campaign
- Fresh Fields Store Grand Opening Campaign
- GE Plastics LEXGUARD Direct Campaign
- Larson Storm Door Market Penetration Campaign
- Kodak E100 Direct Branding Campaign
- ViaHealth "Human Care" Branding Campaign
- ViaHealth Plan Benefits Made Easy Direct
- Washington Park Mall Grand Opening Campaign
- Xerox Back Safety Internal Employee Campaign